In April 2017, ITS will begin a multiyear project to upgrade from Banner 8 to Banner 9. For general Banner 9 upgrade information, as well as to sign-up for upcoming Banner 9 Preview and Hands-On sessions, go to the Banner 9 upgrade web page.
Administrative Banner is an integrated suite of administrative software purchased from SunGard Higher Education and is supported and maintained by Enterprise Information Systems. The system connects students, faculty, and staff to the services and information they need and is comprised of the following primary modules.
- Human Resources
- Student Financial Aid
Authorized departmental personnel can be granted access to perform the following human resource tasks for employees within their department (restricted by the financial organization code):
- Change labor distributions for employees.
- Print semi-monthly payroll vouchers.
- Enter semi-monthly time worked.
- Print post-payroll salary distribution reports.
- Query labor distributions by account, position history, and employee job information.
Authorized departmental personnel can be granted access to perform the following financial functions for their department:
- Enter requisitions for their department.
- Enter invoices for their department.
- Enter departmental journal vouchers.
- Approve requisitions and invoices electronically.
- Print departmental expense reports.
- Query departmental financial information.
- Query departmental travel information.
Administrative Banner training is offered for structured, hands-on classes for departments to receive instruction and practice on various functionality of the system. Click here to view the latest training schedule.
Most Often Requested Access Classes
|BAN_YQRYFIN_C||Financial Query. When a user is set up they are automatically given financial query access.|
|BAN_DEPTS_C||Allows users to key bi-weekly payroll and process re-distributions.|
|BAN_REQ_C *||Allows users to do requisitions.|
|BAN_INV_C *||Allows users to do invoices.|
|BAN_APPR_C *||Allows users to approve requisitions and invoices.|
|* Training for these classes is mandatory.|
Helpful links are shown below:
- Create a New Administration Banner Account (PDF)
A department head or dean signature is necessary to process this form.
- Installing JRE Software (PDF)
In order to launch and run Internet Native Banner (INB) (the current version of Administrative Banner), all computers must have the software, Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6.0_04, installed. Your computer system will automatically prompt you to install this software if needed. If your system is running applications that already require this version of JRE or higher, you will not be prompted to install the software. NOTE: Mozilla Firefox will not install the correct version, therefore, the initial installation of JRE 1.6.0_04 should be completed using Internet Explorer, then Mozilla Firefox will run the correct JRE software.
- Logging Into Banner (PDF)
- Configuring IE for BDMS (PDF)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions to configure Internet Explorer in preparation for using the Banner Document Management System (BDMS).